Surrey Chambers of Commerce represents over 1000 businesses in all sectors of the economy, and of all sizes. As the prime membership organisation in the county, we seek to represent the interests and support the competitiveness and growth of all businesses in the Surrey community and region.
Voicing your issues at local and National levelWe identify, manage, research, prepare and communicate all external policy issues agreed by Surrey Chambers of Commerce both within the organisation to staff and members and also outside the organisation to local and national government and to the press, both radio and TV and the print media.
Issues can cover anything from the amount of water to be extracted from the Thames to be stored in local reservoirs to the future of aviation in the United Kingdom, from the closure of a road in a town to build a bus lane to the number of hours staff are permitted to work.
Representing our members interests across the boardSurrey Chambers of Commerce represents its members on the following countywide committees and working groups:
- Working in the Countryside - all aspects of the rural economy from farming to tourism
- Surrey Sustainable Business - concerned with re-cycling and environmental issues
- Surrey Economic Partnership - all aspects of the economy in Surrey
- Surrey Tourism Group - all aspects of tourism in Surrey
Working in Partnership with local authoritiesWe are also actively involved with local groups and partnerships in the 11 Surrey Boroughs:
- Local Strategic Partnership - all aspects locally as they affect the business community
- Partnerships to reduce Crime - in shops, licensed premises and business parks
- Community Learning Partnerships - involving all ages of learners with businesses
- Education Business Partnerships - involving schools with businesses
- Young Enterprise - encouraging students to set and run real companies in school
- Town Centre Partnerships developing and strengthening local economies
- Employment Panels - trying to find new ways to recruit and train staff
- Specialist Groups - eg Women in Business, Construction & Property Forum [H=www.surrey-chambers.co.uk/events.mp?type=Construction-Property%20Forum®ion=All&month=All]
Find out more about our Partnerships.
At any one time, our staff can be involved in a dozen or more local groups offering advice and experience to those outside the business community and ensuring that the concerns and requirements of local businesses are being voiced and heeded.