Fraud Awareness Seminar - Protecting your business and your employees
Event Time: 07:45 - 10:30
Event Theme: Hot Topics
Price: Member Rate: Free Non Member Rate: Free
Surrey Chambers of Commerce in association with Natwest invite you to this free seminar
This seminar is designed to help businesses be more aware of and reduce the prevailing threats they face including malware, phishing and vishing. Attendees have the chance to listen to professionals from the Bank who specialise in cybercrime awareness.
The topics to be covered are:
- Scams – methods such as executive impersonation emails (“bogus boss”), that can result in employees paying away significant sums
- Phishing – fake but realistic emails that trick you in to disclosing confidential information
- Vishing (voice phishing) – criminals impersonate bank staff, the police and other professionals over the phone in order to obtain your bank details or deceive you in to executing payments
- Financial malware – a virus specifically designed to steal funds from your bank account
- Ransomware - encrypts your business critical data, with the criminal then demanding a ransom payment to restore that data
- Best practices for defending against all of these threats
- Interactive Q&A and live audience polls.
Sarah has worked for the bank since 2013. She previously working for the Metropolitan Police in West London, finishing her service as a Detective Constable. In her current role as a Fraud Analyst within Commercial & Private Banking, Sarah helps customers across the UK understand the fraud and cyber threats they may face and what steps they can take to help protect themselves.
Lee has specialised in online banking and information security projects for the past 15 years. Lee is currently responsible for delivering security enhancements to the bank’s electronic cash management solutions, and is also involved in a number of initiatives to raise awareness of cybercrime.
Alan has been with RBS for 35 years with the last 18 years in Electronic Banking, and has been involved with the development of the Bankline on-line service since its introduction in 2006 and is involved in initiatives to raise awareness helping customers protect their businesses against fraud.
- 7.45AM Registration and Breakfast.
- 8.30am Introductions
- 8.35am Case Studies from local Businesses.
- 9.00am Thanks and Introduce Fraud Team
- 9.05am Nat West Fraud Team Presentation.
- 10.05 Q and A facilitated by Surrey Chambers.
- 10.20am close